KCap05 **Early Registration Deadline Approaching** (Sept 5th)
*******EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE: SEPT 5th *****
(extended from Sept 2nd)
Third International Conference on Knowledge Capture
October 2-5, 2005
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Information in all forms is increasingly available, but using it
requires a range of technologies for acquiring and representing that
information. These technologies constitute knowledge capture, a field
which studies the extraction of useful knowledge from the vast and diverse
set of currently available information sources, as well as directly from users.
Driven by the demands for knowledge-based applications and the unprecedented
availability of information, the study of knowledge capture has a renewed
K-CAP 2005 will provide a forum in which to bring together disparate research
communities whose members are interested in capturing knowledge from
many sources and in creating representations that can be useful for reasoning.
- K-CAP 2005 will showcase 21 outstanding technical presentations on
many aspects of knowledge capture. For titles and authors, see:
- K-CAP 2005 will include two invited talks by:
- Dr. Pat Hayes, IHMC, University of West Florida, USA
- Dr. Carole Goble, Dept Computer Science, University of Manchester, UK
- An imaginative and enjoyable conference program, including a panel
discussion, poster session, best paper awards, banquet, and the option
for a local hike one lunchtime. See www.kcap05.org for details.
- K-CAP 2005 will include 3 workshops (held concurrently on October 2nd):
. "Ontology Management: Searching, Selection, Ranking, and Segmentation"
- exploring solutions, tools and methods for ontology management, in
particular to help support better ontology reuse.
. "Integrating Ontologies"
- discussing new approaches to integrating multiple ontologies, in
particular methods for ontology alignment, mapping, and translation.
. "Applications of Semantic Web Technologies for e-Learning (SW-EL'05)"
- focusing on the knowledge acquisition and application of Semantic Web
technologies for the needs of educational Web-based systems.
For workshop descriptions and organizers, see www.kcap05.org
- K-CAP 2005 will be held in the beautiful town of Banff, Canada in the
heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
For more information and to register for the conference, see: www.kcap05.org.
The deadline for early registration is September 5th, 2005 (extended from
Sept 2nd 2005). Some student travel grants are available,
see http://www.kcap05.org/ for details.
IMPORTANT: Please forward this note to anyone you know who might be
interested in attending.