Thread Links Date Links

Re: SUO: Hi! :-)

> Found virus WORM_BAGLE.GEN-1 in file Message.zip
> Argh, i don't like the plaintext :)

I have switched off my Windows machine 3 weeks ago, so unless my
Unix machine is infected, the above cited e-mail/virus (similar to the
one from John Sowa's address 8 days ago) does not come from my machine.

The e-mail header mentions a possible source:
  by rijpat-s-323-a2.europe.shell.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.5329)

It could be filtered out automatically. On a Unix machine, this can be done
with a ~/.procmailrc with a content similar to following:

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
:0 B
* Argh, i don't like the plaintext
/dev/null