Thread Links Date Links

Re: SUO: on SUO and other projects

Murray,

        Thank you for your candor regarding my employer.

        I'd just like to say, to you and others with similar feelings, I
respect your opinions, as I hope you respect my choice of employment.

        But I do think we can all work together on a generic SUO.

        I'd also like to explain that while I work for the US Army, I
work on SUO as an individual, on my own time. My office has never granted
me work time to serve as chair of SUO.  I don't represent my employer in
my role as SUO Chair.

        As Chair, I will work to keep SUO generic and certainly not
dominated by any given group.  Besides, IEEE rules require a balanced
balloting group, so there's no chance a document dominated by one group
could ever even go to the balloting stage, let alone pass.

Jim Schoening

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/02
/29/CMG3R50LHE5.DTL

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!